Sunday, October 13, 2019

Loose Christmas

Hello and Happy Sunday!

Today I have a Christmas card to share using some beautiful Poinsettias (code TJ10LeeAnn gets you 10% off all products) from Technique Junkies.


I started by Heat embossing the poinsettias in gold ep from Gina K.  I had to do some minimal masking with the two flowers at the bottom.
Then I pulled out my beloved Ken Oliver Colorbursts and painted a light pink wash across the card and over the images.  Colorbursts are currently as cheap as I have seen them right now at Blick's Art Supply (42% off!).
I added color to my poinsettias using the wet on wet technique with red and pink colors.  I added a bit of green to the outer petals.  Once I was satisfied with the flowers I splattered on some pink color as well as some white acrylic paint.
The sentiment was stamped in some Versafine Clair Chianti ink.  A few sequins finish the card.

I am linking up to Watercooler Wednesdays for their All about Occasions Challenge, as well as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Christmas.
I am also linking up to the Just Add Ink Challenge- Just Add 'H'- where my H is Heat embossing.
I am also linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More for their Make Your Mark Challenge.

Thanks so much for visiting!

Lee Ann 

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous and vibrant poinsettias! I don't have colorburts but always love them on cards I see. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours and that background is really lovely Lee Ann. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what beautiful colouring and a very chic Christmas card. Love a good poinsettia. Thanks for playing along with our Just Add Ink H challenge.
    Di :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...