Saturday, October 19, 2019

Turn My Eyes

Hello Everyone!

I sat down to make a couple of cards today and the MOJO just seemed flat.
This creative worship idea had been in the back of my head for a while and I really wanted to give it a go.
I watched a few videos on drawing eyes and sketched one out on paper, then cut it out and used it as a basic template.
Once I was happy with the basic shape, I outlined it with a Sakura Pigma Micron pen.  Then I started mixing colors with my Daniel Smith watercolors.  Yes, I said mixing.  I really stepped out of my comfort zone with this.


Once I was happy with the coloring, I made sure it was all dry and then added eye lashes.  I used a smaller Micron pen for the lower lashes.
Well, I had to do some hand lettering.  Not liking it but it is what it is.  I also used the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Rebecca Alpha Stamp Set to stamp the name 'Jesus'.  I like the stamps much better, lol.
But my friend MariLynn reminded me that it is not about perfection or wanting my lettering to look like others.  And she is so right.  It is about worship, after all.
I need to remind myself multiple times a day to go to Jesus first.  I want so badly to handle everything in my own puny strength.  Keeping my eyes on Jesus helps me to stay grounded in Him and turn to Him for my needs.    He does a far better job than I could ever even begin to do.

Thanks for stopping by, friend!

Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...