Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches # 425

Happy Wednesday, Stampers!

It is time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  I am a huge fan of Cecile's work; so unique and CAS.  Her sketches are unique as well.  I was initially afraid of this week's sketch but once I got going, well, I just love how this turned out!


For the 3 grounding elements, I settled on these Shattered triangle dies from Altenew.  They have been in my stash for quite a while but this is the first time using them. Not sure what I was waiting for! 


I do not have mirrored gold paper; instead I have gold wrapping paper.  I adhered this to a scrap piece of cardstock and then diecut my triangles from that.
The background panel is Canson mixed media paper.  I used to use this quite a bit and have gone back to it recently as it gives a wonderfully spotted/splotchy look to a water colored background.  As the paper is not very porous like water color paper, it tends to sit on top and not soak in.  The colors are also more vibrant.
I this case, I used some watered down Sakura Gansai Tambi black water color paint as I was going for gray. Once dried, I splattered with the same black paint, just not watered down.  I cut this panel out with a stitched rectangle die.
Next, I die cut the triangles from the water colored panel and then inlaid the triangles into the negative spaces. 
The butterfly is from Sweet n Sassy Stamps Made New Stamp Set.  It was stamped using the MISTI, in Memento Black ink and colored with Copics.  Once I was finished coloring, I put the panel back in my MISTI and stamped again, this time with Versafine Black Onyx ink to deepen the black color.
The sentiment is from the brand new Rustic Easter Stamp Set.

I am linking up to Just Us Girls Challenge, Inlaid Die Cuts.
Check out the rest of the gorgeous inspiration from the team and then link up your card!  See you in the gallery!

Lee Ann 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you that Cecile is amazing!!! Your card came together perfectly Lee Ann! Love the uniqueness of it with the triangle background and that beautiful butterfly. Thanks for joining the girls and I over at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card, Lee Ann. I'm a smoosh loving girl so the background appeals to me and then you glitzed it up with those lovely gold triangles. The wonderful Monarch butterfly is so symbolic of your sentiment. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love how it turned out, too! This is gorgeous, Lee Ann! I love that watercolor background with the inlaid golden triangle, this is so artsy! By the way, tanks so much for joining us at Just us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is just gorgeous Lee Ann! That butterfly is just amazing and I love those gold triangles! I also love how you made them from wrapping paper!! The background is also incredibly awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I LOVE the gold triangles and so clever that you used WRAPPING PAPER!! Sometimes you have to use what you have!! I also adore that butterfly. It POPS off that background!! GREAT design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...