Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #426

Hello and Happy Wednesday to you!

Karren is our hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches and she has a wonderful sketch for us.


So I took some liberties with this week's sketch, including turning it~

The image is from Pinkfresh Studio.  I stamped it in light colored Memento ink on Yupo paper using my MISTI.  I then started adding alcohol inks- first Honeycomb, then several different pinks.  I used alcohol as well and blew the ink around until I was happy with it.  Once I started adding the alcohol ink, the stamped image disappeared but I just used it for purposes of dropping in the ink initially.  At this point I was not planning on fussy cutting the image.
I added a bit of Jacquard Pinata gold alcohol ink as well and then let it dry. There were still some tacky areas, so I rubbed gold foil on the areas.  Lastly, I put it back in the MISTI, stamped it in Versafine Black ink and then heat embossed it with clear dp.
Overall, the look was just too busy, so this is where I decided to fussy cut the image out.
Using a Prima stencil, I added some white embossing paste to the card base, approximately where the circle on the sketch is as well as the narrow dark label type element.
Next came a strip of black cs and then the image itself, popped up on dimensional adhesive.
The sentiment is from SSS and is heat embossed on white cs.  I added a bit of gold threat behind it as well as 3 gold sequins in triangle fashion.
This card is for a dear friend, who is also my boss and lead nurse where I work.  She is leaving for greener pastures as a nurse practitioner.  I am happy for her, sad for me.  I certainly do treasure our friendship.
I am linking up to The Flower Challenge- 'anything goes'.   


Check out the blog for lots of amazing inspiration from the rest of the team! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! The color variations and touches of gold are gorgeous. What a cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GORGEOUS!! I Love the alcohol ink effect. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you are the inkmaster for sure! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This card is amazing Lee Ann! I just love those flowers and I am amazed at how you created them! I may need to come and visit you sometime and learn a few things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you flipped the sketch ... stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Those leaves are amazing! I love how you've flipped the sketch to make them work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...