Sunday, March 8, 2020

Monochromatic Green

Hello All!

Today's card is in-your-face-green!


The background was done by stamping various images from the Scribble Flowers Stamp Set in Versamark ink and then heat embossing in gold.  You may think I started with a white piece of paper, but I did not; I started with green- the green that you see in the center of the card is the cardstock color.
Next, I created an ombre effect by sponging the cardstock a couple of different shades of green, the darkest being around the edge of the card.
The sentiment is from the Grace So Amazing Stamp Set.  It was heat embossed on vellum.  The large die cut was one I found in my stash.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what die I used for this- I sure could not find anything remotely close to this.

I am linking up to The Rainbow Card Challenge~


In addition, I am linking up to Double D Challenge~

As well as Just Us Girls~


As the popular Christian song, By His Wounds, says, 'By His wounds we are healed'.

One thinks of St Pat's Day when they think green, but I am not a huge fan of St Pat's so I went with the green of renewal and rebirth.

That's it for me!  Have a blessed week, all!
Lee Ann

10 comments:

  1. I agree Lee Ann, green is such a healing colour. I love the gold embossing, the ombré ink effect and the layering of the die cut word 'love' over the Amazing Grace panel. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! It's so fun!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, TRCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold embossing with your beautifully blended background. So perfect for our Heal challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Beautiful background and the gold embossing is such a wonderful touch! great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing design, Lee Ann! I totally love that gold embossing against the vivid green background. I love gold embossing on vellum too! Actually, I love everything about your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green and gold- a classic and stunning combo! Great card! Thanks for playing along at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Rainbow Card Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Lee Ann. Great to see you joining us at TRCC and I hope we see you again soon!
    Hugs,
    Em, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! I love the gold with the green! Thank you so much for joining us at The Rainbow Card Challenge! Hope to see you again soon! Hugs! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...