Thursday, April 9, 2020

Christmas Cardinal

Hello! 

It was 90 degrees here yesterday, so I cooled off a bit with a Christmas card! 


I used the cardinal image from the newest Sweet n Sassy Stamps Stamp Set, Beautiful Birds.  I tried a technique that I saw on IG from Jessica Frost Ballas but I added a twist to make it my own. 
I started with Arches Watercolor Paper and some distress inks.  I smooshed the ink onto a craft mat and then onto my paper.  Once I achieved the look I wanted, I stamped the image in distress inks right over the distress ink background.  I added more color with Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  In the orginal tutorial I saw, she added color with Copics.  For more detail on how I made this card, check out the Sweet n Sassy Stamps blog.  The sentiment is from the Christmas Wordfetti Stamp Set.

I am linking up to Krafty Chicks Challenge-'Christmas'. 

That's it for me! Thanks for stopping by,

Lee Ann 

4 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Leanne! Going to have to try that technique. It's stunning! Glad you played with us again at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Thank you for the instructions! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is just amazing! I am going to have to check out your technique....it's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, Lee Ann. I had to check to see if it was a print. You planned out the smooshing colors perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...