Monday, April 27, 2020

Love You, Friend!

Good Morning and Happy Monday to You!

Today's card was made for a very special friend and former coworker.  I worked with Eva for 13 years, each of us in our own schools in the same school district.  We became unlikely friends with very different personalities, but both with a desire to take better care of our students.
Eva has moved on to greener pastures, now in the role of a nurse practitioner.  I will miss her dearly.  She was our fearless leader, go getter, and best of friends.
She is used to getting cards from me but this one is different as it is a nod to her new nurse practitioner role.


This bear is a new digital image, Healthcare Bears,  from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I normally don't do digis as I can never get the paper to feed through the printer well or at all, nor I am I technical person what so ever, but I discovered, without even trying, that Xpress-it Blending card goes through the printer with ease.  I drew in a little IV pole behind the nurse, to add a bit of 'workplace' behind him/her.
The bear is colored with Copics, the IV pole is drawn with a a Kuretake Zig Millenium Marker.  I even added Glossy Accents to the IV bag, though you really can't tell in the photo.  Sentiment is from the God is Bigger Stamp Set.

I am linking up to
Addicted to Stamps and More- Anything Goes
Krafty Chicks Challenge- All Occasions
Festive Friday~ being a nurse myself, I just had to get in on this challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann  


5 comments:

  1. Such a great card, love it and image. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.
    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, Lee Ann! This image is adorable, and your coloring is perfect! Happy National Nurse's Day! Thank you for all you do, and thank you for sharing your card at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card to celebrate Friendship, Lee Ann! That bear nurse is adorable. You did an amazing coloring job on the fur .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute cards, Lee Ann! Your coloring on that adorable image is fantastic. Wow! Thanks so much for joining us over at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the lovely story. I am sure your friend will appreciate the card. The coloring is so beautoful. Great to see you in our gallery and hope you will join us again soon at the ATSM Challenges!! Please do visit my blog Paint Paper Scissors for more inspiration.
    Nandini – Design Team member, ATSM Challenges

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...