Friday, April 24, 2020

In a Field of Flowers

Hello All! 

Hope you are doing well.  This whole stay- at - home thing is starting to feel normal.  I thing it will feel strange when things get back to 'normal'.  Whatever that is.  But regardless, I am getting lots done around the house.  And when it rains?  I am crafting!
Today's card is a union of two unlikely stamp sets~


I cannot take credit for this general idea.  The ever talented, Jill Foster, came up with the idea of combining a more formal floral with a contemporary critter stamp. 
This just takes a bit of time, patience and masking.  I started by getting a general idea of where I wanted things.  The chick, from the Springtime Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps, was stamped in Versafine Black ink on Bristol cs. 
The chick was masked and I started stamping the Irises from the Happy Irises Stamp Set by Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  As I went along, I needed to mask some of the irises as well. 
Once everything was stamped, I colored everything with Arteza  Real Brush Pens.  Boy, do these pens give you a vibrant color!  I did not pay much attention to lighting and shadows, etc., I just tried to get a lot of variation in colors. 
I filled in the background with green brush pens; it is not as scribbly looking in real life- the editing seemed to intensify that.  :( 
The sentiment is from the Sweet Little Lamb Stamp Set
I am linking up to~

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- 'Flower Power'
Addicted to Stamps and More- 'Anything Goes'
Addicted to CAS- Animal

Thanks for stopping by! 

Lee Ann 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, such sweet card. Amazing sentiment and adorable image. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...