Wednesday, August 12, 2020

August Sweet n Sassy Stamps Blog Hop!

 Hello and Welcome to the August Sweet n Sassy Stamps Blog Hop!  Hop along with us for inspiration and if you leave comments on the designer's blogs listed below you could win a gift voucher to the Sweet n Sassy Stamps store!  Deadline to comment is 10pmET August 18th.  What a great collection of stamps this month- I really can't decide a favorite, although this sunflower from the Like a Sunflower Stamp Set would have to be in the top two...

I wanted to do two things- one was to use nontraditional sunflower colors, hence the pink, and two- I thought the sunflower image was perfect for a gate fold card.  

The narrow sentiment strip is actually a narrow belly band holding the card closed.  The sunflower image from the Like a Sunflower Stamp Set was stamped twice on Neenah Solar White cs and colored with Copics. Both sunflowers were fussy cut out.  I then followed a Jennifer McGuire tutorial to create the card.  

The belly band is made with a thin strip of vellum and a sentiment strip.  The sentiment is perfect for this image and is from the Love Wordfetti Stamp Set. I finished off the card with Simon Says Stamp Moonshine sequins and Glossy Accents on the flower center. 

Next up, the new the Lord's Battle Stamp Set.  I LOVE this set!  

These boots are so cool, and can be used for so many different themes.  I was itching to color the boots hot pink, so I stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using my MISTI and then colored them with Copics.  When I was happy with the coloring, I put the image panel back in my MISTI and stamped over it, this time with Versamark Onyx Black Ink to get a dark crisp outline.  I wanted this baby to pop!  

The background was done on Fabriano Hot Press Watercolor Paper.  I chose hot press because I knew I had a lot of words to stamp and I wanted them crisp and clean.  With the smoother paper, I would get a cleaner stamped image.  I used my beloved Ken Oliver Color Bursts to make the background.  I wanted the same color palette as the sunflower card above so used pink, orange and yellow colors.  You can see some of what appears to be blue and green on the card panel as well.  I did not use these colors, but the powders are made up of various colors of particles.  I love the look you get.

To finish the card, I fussy cut the boots out then, using my MISTI, stamped the words onto the water colored panel.  The boots were popped up on dimensional adhesive. 

I am linking this card up to Krafty Chicks Challenge- 'Stamp Act'.

 Check out all of the inspiration from the rest of the team and don't forget to leave a little love along the way!  

Sweet n Sassy Blog
Julee Tilman
Ceal Pritchett
Diane Zechman
Esther Asbury
Jane Bosi
Karen Decknick
Lee Ann Barrett
Lyn Tomlin

 Enjoy the hop! Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann  

More Places to Shop!

Simon Says Stamp  

MISTI ,   Versafine Onyx Black Ink Copic Sketch Markers 

My Sweet Petunia

MISTI    

                                                                                                                           

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Might nice of you to play our challenge this week, both are wonderful who doesn't love plaid, the boots are amazing and the colors are brilliant. Thanks for playing our stamp act challenge this week at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisela Delgado said; Gorgeous card! So beautiful! mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the the punch of color on your cards! Both are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great designs and colors, Lee Ann! Fun fold with the sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! Sunflower card is stunning!Love that you colored the boots pink too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! That sunflower is absolutely stunning! And your coloring skills are amazing. I love the pink boots on your 2nd card. Especially with the ink splashed background. So inspired right now.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome color combos on your pretty cards! I really love the way you colored the sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LeeAnn I am SO impressed with both of your cards. The way you got the colours in the sunflower to match so beautifully with the patterned paper & making it a gatefold card takes it to a whole other level. Have to say I LOVE the background you created with the Ken Oliver Colour Burst Powders & what a super idea to colour the boots pink. The Battle Belongs to the Lord is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards!!! You are so talented, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love sunflowers so pretty !! Your coloring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sunflower card is just beautiful - love the plaid background and the gatefold. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...