Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches #449

 Hello and Happy Wednesday!  

Seasons are changing, everyone is headed back to school in some way shape or form.  Today is my official first day back since March.  Crazy!  But boy, did I get a lot done around the house.  

We have a new sketch up at Freshly Made Sketches.  As I got started playing around, the idea I had lent itself to a masculine card.  It's always nice when it works out that way since they are not always the easiest card to make, lol.  

 

Here is your sketch~

 

I reversed the sketch and used circles. I also took the liberty to add a couple more circles as they worked well on the layout. 

 I had a couple of distress ink panels sitting on my desk and they became the foundation of the card.  Using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle dies, I die cut a large red and yellow ring.  I sponged some Hickory Smoke ( I think) ink onto Bristol cs and distressed it with water drops.  I die cut two more circles.  In addition, I die cut a small red one.  

From here on out assembly was pretty easy.  The sentiment is one of my favorite Valentine stamps; it is from a retired MFT stamp set.  The sentiment/image is stamped on kraft cs and fussy cut out.  I added a few black sequins to finish it off.  

Head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the rest of the teams fabulous inspiration.  This is the best group to work with !  

Hope to see you in the gallery!

Lee Ann 

4 comments:

  1. Rock on girl! Love this! Hope your back to work day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image - and what a great background you created for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great card! I just love your take on the sketch! Those circles are awesome! You definitely rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool and fabulous! I love the funky colour you've used and your take on the sketch with those circles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...