Saturday, August 8, 2020

Mixed Media Whale

 Hello All!

Today's card was a risk, lol.  Using black Ken Oliver Colorburst Watercolor Powder is not for the faint of heart but I love how it turned out.  I made the card for a Facebook Challenge called 'There's a Stamp for That"

I FINALLY inked up a stamp that I have had over a year, maybe even two, from Lesia Zgharda Design, Layered Whale. The whale image was stamped on Neenah Solar White cs and using my MISTI and then the corresponding flower layer was lined up and stamp as well, both with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The image was colored with Copics in reds and grays and then fussy cut out.  

The background was done on Fabriano Hot Press Watercolor paper.  I painted on some clean water then sprinkled in the black Colorburst powder.  I moved the powder around to eliminate any granules, then let the panel dry.  Once dry, I spattered it with water and dried again.  Then I added more sprinkle of powder and spritzed with water, trying to get a spattered or layered look.  Once the panel was totally dry, I used a Stencil Girl stencil and some translucent embossing paste from Wendy Vecchi.  Before the texture paste was totally dry, I used some chunky silver embossing powder from Stampendous. 

Once everything was dry, I spritzed on more water and blotted with a paper towel to remove more of the watercolor that was not covered by the embossing paste.  This gave me a great contrast between the part with embossing paste and that without.  

The whale was popped up on dimensional adhesive and adhered to the background panel.  

The sentiment is from a Mama Elephant set, Botanic Hello.  

I am linking up to Festive Friday, for their National Dog Day Challenge~

I used red, black and embossing. 

I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Use Your Favorite Tool.  That would be the MISTI, which imo has changed stamping forever!   

I am also linking up to Mix It Up Challenge Blog, Anything Goes and embossing. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you like today's creation and I hope you stop by There's a Stamp for That to check out the challenge and play along!  


Lee Ann 

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Mix It Up!
    Darlene
    Mix It Up
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning work of art. The image is gorgeous, and you have placed it in a beautiful background and colored it to perfection. The details are gorgeous, especially those wonderful bubbles. Thank you for sharing this beauty and playing with us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous stamp! I love those florals and the Colorburst powders give such a dramatic background. Thank you for linking in to the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...