Monday, March 29, 2021

Loose Lotus

 Hello and Happy Monday! 

Spring break is over and it is back to work over here, but I know a lot of states are just starting their spring breaks.  If you are just starting yours, enjoy! 

I have a super loose Lotus card using the new Lotus Flower 1 and Lotus Flower 2 from Impression Obsession.  


I started out by using Tim Holtz watercolor paper and distress inks in pinks and corals-Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Festive Berries, and  Abandoned Coral and used the smooshing technique.  I tried to keep the color mostly to the bottom left corner of the card.  Once I was happy with the color distribution and it was good and dry, I stamped the images with a darker ink.  

I used Copic markers carefully and sparingly to better define the flowers.  Because distress inks react to water, I was able to moisten some of the ink around the flowers and dab off some color to lighten it up and better define the edges of the flowers.  I finished off the flowers with a white gel pen on the flower centers.  The sentiment, Feel Better Soon, was stamped with IO Black Ink using my MISTI.  A few dew drops finish off the card. 

These loose lotuses are a lot different than the meticulous ones HERE, but I like them both just the same.  

And speaking of lotuses, is there a difference between lotus and water lilies?  

Have a wonderful Monday, All!

Lee Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...