Saturday, March 27, 2021

Springtime Critters

 Hello and happy Saturday! 

It is another beautiful day here; I was just looking at the lawn and realized it needs to be mowed!?!  How did that happen??  And Easter is in a week!  I love this time of year.  


And certainly babies always seem to be a part of spring, especially those animal babies!  I used the most adorable set, and yes, you have seen it a lot lately, for this card.  Hoppy Spring has both the bunnies and the chicks.  And the eggs if you so desire.  

The chick was stamped and then masked and the bunny then stamped to get my chick standing on the bunny's head.  They were fussy cut out, along with an additional chick.  The background was sponged with distress inks and then I sponged light clouds using Hero Arts White Unicorn Ink and the Puffy Cloud Stencil from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I sat my bunny and chick in some grass that was die cut and then sponged with distress inks using the Fence and Grass Die Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.

The sentiment was pieced together using a couple of different sets and the new Blessings Die.  The word baby is from the Sweet Little Lamb Stamp Set.  

I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge- Spring Mood Board.  

The next card is simple and sweet, using a chick from the Hoppy Spring Stamp Set and the Fern Background Stamp.  


The background was done using a Jennifer Mcguire technique in which I stamped lots of words from various stamp sets onto my yellow cardstock using White Unicorn Ink.  I used my MISTI to do this, placing all of the words in the MISTI at the same time.  This allowed me to make several backgrounds in different colors.  Once the ink was dry, I did some tone on tone stamping with the Fern Background stamp.  

With the background complete, I die cut a circle from the panel, then added a black ring and the image panel with the sentiment and chick standing on the sentiment behind the panel circle.  The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings Stamp Set and is stamped with Versafine Black Ink.  For a list of the stamps I used for the background panel, see the list below.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope spring is in your neighborhood as well!  

Lee Ann  

Stamps used for yellow background panel~

Happy Mail
So Thankful
Springtime
Sentimental Mash Up
Birds and Blooms
Sweet Little Lamb
Precious Poppies
Beautiful Birds
In This Together
Just Be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...