Saturday, July 10, 2021

Bright Desert!

Good Morning and Happy Weekend! 

Home projects have been keeping me busy, but I found time to make this bright and colorful card yesterday.  I tried to get out of my comfort zone of having a lot of white space- well, I think I did that, lol!  Lots and lots of color!  I used the sketch at Make the Cards Challenge~


 Over at the There's a Stamp For That Challenge, our options this week are cactus, polka dots or sketch.  As you can see, I chose cactus.  Join us in the fun; you still have plenty of time! 

To make this card, I started with the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Set, Thirsty Soul.  The cactus was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and then watercolored with my faves, Ken Oliver Color Bursts.  The cactus was fussy cut out.  

I paired the cactus with a gel print that I had made using my Gel Press Printing Plate- in this case I used the 6" circle plate.  I die cut a circle out of that with the IO Scalloped Stitched Circles Dies.  For the background, I used distress inks in Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Fossilized Amber.  For texture, I stamped the Typewriter Text Background Stamp using WATER.  Once dry, I adhered the background to the card base, then the circle to the background.  

Using my MISTI, I determined the placement of my sentiment, which is from the Inspirational Word art 1 Stamp Set.  The last word, 'intention', was stamped with Versamark ink on black cs and heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder, then cut in a strip. Using the MISTI, the remainder of the sentiment was stamped on the gel print circle.  The black sentiment strip was popped up on dimensional tape.  A few SSS Moonshine Sequins were added.  

I am also linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More- Any Occasion.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend, all!

Lee Ann  

5 comments:

  1. I love the colorful circle with those sunset colors behind the cactus! So awesome. Thank you for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an awesome take on our sketch! LOVE IT!! Great thinking! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card. Great colors!Thank you for joining us for Challenge #23 at Make The Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning card! You did an awesome job stepping away from your comfort zone. Great use of color and texture. Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I really love the bright colors. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...