Sunday, July 11, 2021

Flowers and Spots

 Hello, Hello!  

The MOJO has all but vanished, so I sat down to create just for fun.  I had not played along with The Flower Challenge for some time and as I like to color flowers, I thought this would be a good place to start.  


Here is their challenge for July~


Another thing I have been wanting to do is start with my background first.  I am always so anxious to color the image that I jump right in, then leave myself little room to play around with a background.  In this case, I stamped the beautiful slimline Poppy Stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.    Next, I started with the Copic E40s and put in a bit of a shadow around the flower.  I added some green in next.  For my spots, this is what I did.  
1.  Adhere sticky drywall tape on top of the image panel.  
2. Using a paper towel (you could use a cloth too), generously moisten said paper towel with Copic Blending Solution.  
3.  Press paper towel onto drywall tape/image.  Be sure that all open background areas of the drywall tape get wet.  
4.  Remove drywall tape and marvel at your background! Let blending solution on panel dry.  

The image was then colored with Copics.  I wanted the image to really pop, so when I was done coloring, I put the panel back in my MISTI (the stamp was still in place from the initial stamping) and overstamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I trimmed it down to a mini slim card size and mounted it on a black cardbase.  The sentiment, Have Faith, was stamped in Versamark Ink on black cardstock and heat embossed with Brutus Monroe Alabaster White Embossing Powder. The sentiment panel was popped up on dimensional adhesive.  
A few SSS Moonshine Sequins finish the card. 
I am also linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More for their 'Any Occasion' Challenge,  

That's it for me!  Thanks so much for stopping by, 

Lee Ann  

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your coloring of the flower and the great background you created with the drywall tape. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lee Ann this is so beautiful, great design and I love how you cleverly added the spots too. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning card, Lee Ann! If this is what you produce when your mojo has gone awol, I'd love to see you when you're on form lol! The colouring is awesome, the layout beautiful, and the drywall tape technique is fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome background and brilliant flower, Lee Ann! Thanks for sharing the details. I'm totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...