Sunday, February 7, 2021

Falling in Love

 Hey All! 

Still making Valentine cards over here.  Today's card is for several challenges as Love seems to be a pretty common theme right now.  I was initially inspired to make this card from a photo I have pinned on one of my pinterest boards.  Then when I spotted the same image in the mood board for the Double D Challenges, I knew I had to make it today.  


Here is the mood board.  I bet you can guess which photo inspired me!  


This was so easy, albeit a bit time consuming.  I started with a panel that I had die cut with my rectangle from the IO Crazy Stitched Die Set.  Then, I started die cutting black letters.  These letters were the perfect size and are from the Alphabet Typewriter Lower Case Die.  Next, I used a heart stencil I had and sponged with some Candied Apple Distress Ink.  Then it was just a matter of arranging and gluing down the letters.  I matted the panel with black cardstock, mounted it on the card base and added some sequins to finish it off.  

And this may be the first card I ever made without a single stamp!

That's it!  

I am also linking up to The Mod Squad Challenge, All About Love

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Love is in the Air

Inkspire Me- Valentine's Special

Just Us Girls- Valentine

And if you are creating valentines, join us at There's a Stamp for That Challenge HERE where this week the themes are Love, Hearts, or Monochromatic.  

Thanks for stopping in and have a wonderful week!

Lee Ann  


7 comments:

  1. This is totally cool! I love all of your love letters tumbling down on each other and the single red heart is a perfect companion. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfect use of the mood board with your beautiful card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW What a fabulous job you did on this card ... well done! You & I were inspired by the same image except I cheated a bit and used stamps (less time consuming lol). GREAT JOB ... love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Valentine LOVE’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you have the patience of Job to die cut out all those letters. THAT is dedication!!!! Your design is wonderful and you have captured that photo perfectly. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! I saw you over at Just Us Girls challenge, and I had to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun with the "messy" love everywhere :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project for our current challenge, VALENTINE LOVE ♥ delightful design and colours.
    Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
    https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...