Saturday, February 27, 2021

Mixed Media Roses

 Good Morning!

Do you do loose coloring?  Honestly, the term should not even be a part of my vocab as it is so difficult for me!  I tried it on this beauty but as you can seen, loose did not really happen!


The image, Rose Banner Stamp from snss, was stamped on Arches watercolor paper in Versafine Onyx Black ink.  I had a new coloring medium to try-Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers- with their vibrant colors, this was the perfect opportunity to give them a whirl.  

Once the flowers were colored, I tried a watercolor background but did not like how it turned out so resorted to my usual- fussy cutting.  I added a background I had in my stash which was made with acrylic paint.  White Windsor and Newton gouache splatters were added to the flowers and acrylic panel.  

The acrylic paint panel was layered on top of a white card base, embossed white panel and strip of turquoise cs.  The flowers were popped up on foam tape.  My favorite sequins, sss Moonshine sequins, finish the card!

Thanks for stopping by! 

Lee Ann  

Other Product Links

Simon Says Stamp

2 comments:

  1. This is a very stunning card. Great colouring!! And love those speckles.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisela Delgado said: This is gorgeous, Lee Ann! I have trouble just letting go, too. ☺☺☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...