Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Tropical

 Good Morning, Everyone!

This gorgeous flower is a brand new floral set at Sweet n Sassy Stamps, Alleluia Lilies.  I decided to give the card a tropical look, so after stamping the image in InkOn 3 Fade Out No Line Coloring Ink I did some no line coloring with Copics in oranges and yellows.  I also colored a palm branch in addition to heat embossing it in Brutus Monroe Alabaster White ep on vellum a couple of times.  All the images were fussy cut out.  


To ground the image, I used a panel that had been in my stash.  I had made it some time ago.  It is done with a stencil, coffee filter, Ken Oliver Colorburstshttps://shrsl.com/2q3ey, and Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer filled with water.  

Start with a piece of watercolor paper, such as this Canson Watercolor Paper.  Lay your stencil on the paper- in this case I used the Mandela Stencil from Crafter's Workshop.  Put a flattened out coffee filter on top of the stencil.  Now comes the fun part.  Sprinkle your Colorburst Powders on top of the coffee filter and then spritz with water.  This allows the color to seep through the filter to the open spaces of the stencil, but to not totally oversaturate the paper or let lots and lots of color run under the stencil.  I guess you could say it is more controlled.  

I finished off the card with a sentiment from the Sentimental Mash Up Stamp Set stamped with Versafine Black Ink and a few of my favorite sequins, SSS Moonshine sequins

I am linking this card up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes, 

as well as Krafty Chicks Challenge- Any Occasion.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann  

1 comment:

  1. You have amazing colouring skills! Your images are stunning. I haven’t had great success with controlling Ken Oliver’s Brusho but it sure was fun to play with them. I will have to try the coffee filter trick.
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.
    Diane - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...