Sunday, February 21, 2021

God's Covenant with Noah

Hello Friends!

I think much of the country is finally thawing out- yay!  I went for a walk in the snow this afternoon, knowing we are expecting rain in the next 24 hours.  Had to get in a little more snow time before it is gone.  

I have been in a serious crafty rut.  When I get to this place, walking away from the craft table and a bit of self care (ie. a walk) are the best things for me.  Once more thing I need, and that is to get back into the word.  

My brand new Gel Press gel plates were calling my name and I thought that would be a great way to be creative without any end goal in mind.  I also decided to do some Bible journaling.  I had been blessed with a couple of gel plates from Gel Press and decided it was time to use them.  So after playing a bit with stencils, gel plates, acrylic paint and printer paper, I decided to do a bit in my Bible in the account of Noah.  

Noah was faithful.  Because of his faithfulness, God made a covenant between them, blessing Noah and all generations to come.  The symbol of that covenant?  The rainbow.  


I did not want to recreate a rainbow, just hint at one with rainbow colors.  This was done easily with my small 3x5 rectangle gel plate.  I rolled two different colors of acrylic paint on the plate and then simply pressed it into the Bible.  Nothing fancy, just a great way to transfer the color and get a nice varigated, rainbow look.  I did this down the side column of the Bible.  

At the bottom, I finger painted in some white acrylic paint.  After that was dry, I stamped clouds over the white paint using the cloud stamp from the How Tweet Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  

My words came from various word sets and alpha sets including~

School Days Alpha (covenant and between)
Life and Lemons (&)
Way Maker Stamp Set (hearts, 'M' and 'E' in the work maker)
God Bless America (the 'Am' in America)

I added highlights with a white gel pen and some gold detailing on the hearts.  

Some people equate a covenant to a promise.  The difference is, a promise can be broken.  God will never break this covenant.  

Thanks for stopping by!  
Have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  


1 comment:

  1. Marisela Delgado said: So beautiful and well said. I need to go back to my regular Bible reading and study. ☺ Well, it snowed all day long on Friday, but yesterday (Sunday) and today, we were 73*F and sunny. Back to sun tan weather. The snow was beautiful, but such a nightmare for so much of my state. ☺ Be safe. Marisela mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...