Monday, February 17, 2020

In the Beginning

Hello, Hello! 

I have started a Bible study online that began as an offshoot to a Creative Worship group I am in.  I was inspired to journal a page on creation.  The focus of one lesson were the 4 words, 'In the beginning, God...'


I started with watercoloring an earth in the middle of the page.  I did not try to be exact or anything, just added sea and land areas. 
I then sectioned off the area around the earth into 8 sections.  Within each section, I depicted a day of creation. 
For Day 1 I simply watercolored in a dark section and kept one 'light'.  I used Ken Oliver Color Bursts for all of my coloring. 
Day 2~  I painted a dark blue area and a light blue area and added clouds to the sky.  The clouds are from a Sweet n Sassy Stamps Set, How Tweet.
Day 3~ I water colored in plants. 
Day 4~  Again, using light and dark blues, I made a night sky with moon and stars and a day sky with sun.  Everything was watercolored.  The stars were done with a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen. 
Day 5-~ Watercolored my sea and sky.  Painted in a shark, Nemo, and a jelly fish.  The birds were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and are from the Serene Silhouettes Stamp Set
Day 6~  I stamped purple mountains using the Landscape Silhouettes Stamp Set.  The figures are hand drawn (and gave me fits!).
Day 7~ The alpha is the Chunky Alpha Stamp Set and is stamped in Versafine Black ink.  Rested- the word rest is from the By the Sea Stamp Set.  I hand drew in the -ed.  I used the Sakura white gelly roll pen to highlight the letters.
The Title uses the following sets- 'in' is from His Wings,   'the' is from Living Water, 'Beginning' uses the School Days Alpha. 'God' is from a retired stamp set.
I also used a Sakura Pigma Micron Black pen for writing and all of my black lines.

I am grateful to know that the God who always was, is and always will be, the God who created the universe, cares about me enough to send a Savior for me.  His redemption plan is beautiful and was there 'In the Beginning'. 

Have a blessed day, all!

Lee Ann 


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...