Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches Gets Bright!

Hello and Welcome Back to another Wednesday and a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!
If you are looking for the Sweet n Sassy Stamps blog hop, go HERE.  

This week or sketch artist is the amazing Linda!  I love Linda's cards; every one of them look like they were effortless for her to make.  She has a great sketch for us.  Don't faint- I did NOT color on this card!


 Here is your sketch; I stayed pretty true to it~

I really needed to do something besides color, lol, so I made a watercolored background panel using my well loved Ken Oliver Color Bursts Powdered watercolors (enabler alert- Dick Blick has them at a price right now that can't be beat!) and stamped this silhouette floral image from the Long Stem Silhouettes Stamp Set.  I used my MISTI to stamp the floral image so I could repeat stamp it as many times as necessary on the rough watercolor paper.  I did a tone on tone look for the bright yellow card base, using a stencil from Stamplorations.  I found a nice bold stripe paper to compliment the bright yellow card base.  The sentiment is from the Scripty Thoughts Stamp Set.  Once again, my MISTI helped me out in getting perfect placement of the sentiment.  I stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink for a rich, dark black impression.
I am linking up to Stamplorations Anything Goes Challenge, as well as the challenge at Just us Girls, which is to use stripes.

That's it for me.  Hop over to the Blog and check out the rest of the team's amazing imspiration, then link up your project!  

6 comments:

  1. Bright, bold and beautiful! Those colors just sing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright, happy colors on this pretty card! And that tone-on-tone card base -- fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card Lee Ann! I just love the background of the card and the panel! The colours are so bright and cheery! Love the watercoloring as well! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous card, Lee Ann! I love these bright colors against the black and white stripes and this amazing watercolored background

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take on the challenge theme! Thanks so much for sharing with JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...