Saturday, February 1, 2020

A Valentine and a Few Challenges

Hello All!

After being in a crafty rut for a bit, the MOJO returned some today.  While going through challenges, I happened upon The Color Throwdown color combo for the week.  The combo is a great one, but I was also inspired by the photo itself.


I die cut a heart from red cardstock and outlined it onto my grey cardstock.  After treating my cardstock with an anti-static tool, I stamped the berry image from Sweet n Sassy Stamps Fur-Ever Friends Stamp Set and heat embossed the images in white embossing powder.  
You can see where my inspiration came from.


I then die cut the intricate portion of the Spellbinders Vines of Passion Die-D-Lites (discontinued) from the same red cardstock and glued in onto the solid heart.  I then adhered the heart into the center of the embossed berries. 
The sentiment is from the Love You Lots Stamp Set and is heat embossed in white on vellum.  I used my MISTI to line up the two sentiments for perfect placement.  I glued a thin strip of light grey cardstock underneath the sentiment strip and glued the whole thing to the heart. 
I added a little bit of bling from Studio Katia to a few of the berries.  I used Snow Crystals and
Sparkling Crystals. I adhered them with Ranger Multi Medium Matte;this seems to work the best for me in keeping gems and sequins on the paper. 


I user the great sketch from Fusion Card Challenge
I am also linking up to Time Out Challenges; this week's challenge is 'Affectionate'.
as well as Krafty Chicks Challenge where this week it is 'Anything Goes'.
Lastly, I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge; this week the challenge is 'All Loved Up'. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous rest of your weekend!

Lee Ann 

3 comments:

  1. Oh you got your mojo back for sure! Love how the photo inspired you too. I love all the texture here. Like how you embossed the white and then added a few od sparkle-adds even more interest. Using the vellum was a super idea too. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love all of those textures! Thanks for playing along with Krafty Chicks challenge, hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful - I love the tone on tone die cut heart - especially combined with the white heat embossing on the dark grey background. Simply fabulous design - thanks so much for playing with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...