Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Divinity Designs Sweet Strawberries!

Hello All!

I have the opportunity to guest design this month for Divinity Designs!  The have the sweetest release this month- no pun intended!
Summer berries- such a sweet way to color summer.


This is a brand new set, aptly named, Strawberries.  First, I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto my 4.25 x 5.5 Neenah white cs.  Then I made a mask of the image and used it to cover the stamped image.  To get the mirror image of the strawberries, I used my MISTI and silicone mat.  A corner of the mat was placed into my MISTI as if it were a piece of paper.  Then I inked up the stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it onto the mat.  Next, I took the 4.25 x 5.5 piece of Neenah Solar White cs with the previously stamped image and carefully placed it into the corner of the MISTI where the image was stamped on the silicon, then rubbed, to transfer the image to the paper.
Both images were colored with Copics.  Once I was happy with the coloring, I repeated the mirror image process, this time using Versafine Black ink so that I could darken the outline of the mirror image.
Next, I used some patterned paper from the Beautiful Blooms Paper Pad and covered my card front with it, die cutting it out with the Pierced Rectangle Dies.  Then it was just a matter of layering papers, which included the awesome stripe paper from the America the Beautiful Paper Pad.   The neutral cs was die cut using the Pierced Rectangle Dies as well, giving it a wonderful pierced edge.
A very few sequins and a twine bow finish the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed week!

Lee Ann  

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I've wanted to try the mirror image technique, but I'm afraid I'd mess it up. I guess I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and try it! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...