Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Getting Fruity

Hello All, I have another 'fruity' post for you today, using the brand new Summer Fruits Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps; Summer Fruits is the stamp of the month and you can get it free with a minimum purchase of $75~


Do you love the trendy 'skinny card'?  I know I do, though I hate photographing them, lol.  I had a unused skinny card that I had actually acquired from an old design team and I decided that this was the time to use it.  I paired it with the watermelon image from the Summer Fruits Stamp Set.  I was inspired by the inspiration photo at Inspired By~


I was inspired by summer treats, though my is watermelon vs a frozen treat, as well as those yummy colors.
I sponged the distress oxide inks Peacock Feathers, Abandoned Coral and Fossilized Amber onto a 9 x 4 panel of Bristol cs. Once I was happy with the sponging, I added lots of waterdrop texture followed by black acrylic paint spatters.
I used my MISTI to stamp the watermelon 4 times with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copics.  These were fussy cut out.  One slice was turned into a quarter wedge of watermelon.
To ground my watermelon, I used a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies and die cut three circles from black cs. I again die cut 3 circles, this time from my sponged background.  This allowed me to do the inlaid die technique with the circle die cuts.
I added a black mat to the circle panel, inset the circle die cuts, Stamped the sentiment using my MISTI for perfect placement, then popped up my watermelon images on Brutus Monroe black foam tape.
I added a few die cut hearts and to the center of those I added black sequins.  Each slice of melon is brushed with clear Wink of Stella.

I am also linking up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge- Bright and Cheerful.


Links to other Sources for products~
Ranger Ink~
Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink
Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide Ink
Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink
Dick Blick Art Materials~
Copic Sketch Markers 
Bristol Pad

2 comments:

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...