Thursday, July 23, 2020

Mixed Media Mermaid

Hello!

It was time to break out one of my favorite summer stamp sets, Mer-Mazing from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  I love this mermaid, and I ESPECIALLY love this crab!


Aren't they sweet?!  Both were stamped on Neenah Solar White CS and colored with Copics then fussy cut out.
The background started with a watercolor background I had in my stash.  I used it for the bottom base.  Canson water color cs and Ken Oliver Color Bursts were used to create the panel.  Next, I sponged Salty Ocean Distress Ink onto another panel of Neenah Solar White cs.  Then, using a Stamplorations stencil, Bubbles, I sponged Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.  This leafy image in the Flower Garden Stamp Set is perfect for sea weed.  As soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to use it for an underwater scene.  It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.
To add depth to the card, I used my MFT edge dies.  These dies are apparently retired but they are similar to these MFT Stitched Scallop Edge Dies. I cut the bottom edge off my image panel then popped it up on some craft foam.
A few sequins and gems finish off the card.

I am linking up to Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, a Day at the Beach.

Also linking up to Sunday Stamps for their color challenge~


And Krafty Chicks Challenge for their 'All Occasions' Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lee Ann

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet mermaid, Lee Ann! Your coloring here is so rich and gorgeous - what fun! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun and summery card, Lee Ann. Love the backgrounds! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...