Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wednesday and a Freshly Made Sketches Treat for You!

Hello, Hello!

It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and we have a bit of a treat for you!  This week is not a sketch per se, but a size.  Long, tall, skinny, slim- whatever you want to call it- we are making slimline cards this week.



These cards are just plain fun!  Lots of room and new ways to place your stamps.

I started with a practice sheet of plain ol' copy paper in the 8.5 x 3.5 size.  I played around with the daisy placement.  The daisy is from the Delightful Daisies Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  Once I had the general layout down, I used my MISTI, a large, clear plastic panel and my practice sheet to stamp the images.  This is the order of items in the MISTI.
First, my blank Neenah Solar White 8.5 x 3.5 piece of cs.  Next, the practice piece of paper.  Next the clear plastic panel.  This allowed me to place the stamp in the appropriate position without risking getting a smudge of black ink on my final panel. Once the image was in the right place, I closed the MISTI door to attach the stamp to the lid. Then I opened the MISTI and removed the plastic sheet and the practice piece.
I do need to mention that I made multiple (like 6) masks using post it notes.  I used these for two things- first to stamp my flowers behind one another for dimension, and second, to cover the flowers and sponge the background.
All of the images were stamped this way.  Once all were stamped, I covered them with the masks and sponged two different distress inks on the background.  I used Broken China and Mermaid Lagoon.
After the initial ink was down, I splattered the panel with water.  Once the water was dry, I did more sponging to intensify the color.  Then I did a final splatter of water.
The flowers were colored with Copics.  The sentiment, from the Grace so Amazing Stamp Set, was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink using the MISTI.   A few Simon Says Stamp Moonshine sequins finished off the card with a bit of shine.

This card was made with a very special person in mind, a wonderful part of our crafting community who, short of a miracle, has a very short time left on this earth. If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for Ellie.  Pray for healing, comfort and that she be free of pain.  Thank you.

I am linking up to The Cupcake Inspiration Challenge~


As well as Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog to see so much amazing inspiration from the rest of the team.  Then, get inky and join us!

Lee Ann 

11 comments:

  1. Ellie will absolutely love this beautiful card. What a ray of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that masking paid off! This card is gorgeous! Ellie is definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! This is a total WOW card! I appreciate your explanation of how you created this. Your inked background, masking, and placement of all the elements is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way the daisies pop against the gorgeous inky blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely GORGEOUS card in every way!! I love those flowers and your design with them here on your slimline card! So beautifully done and a special prayer for Ellie. Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at the {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous Lee Ann! That background is beautiful and I love how you've positioned the flowers! Ellie will just love it! We will be praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning. Absolutely stunning. I'm sure Ellie will love it. And I will pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stunning background really makes these beautiful daisies pop off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This just blew me away. Seriously amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you have the daisies cascading down - and they pop beautifully on the blue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...