Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches for Christmas

Hello All!

Sorry to be absent last week, but the brain cells were not all firing as life got nutty!
We have a great Freshly Made Sketches sketch this week from Jen Brum; Jen is a master at using lots of color, yet keeping her cards clean.  


This is a versatile sketch to work with!


I started with a poinsettia from the Poinsettia set of 4.  It was heat already heat embossed in black as I pulled it from my unused 'stuff' pile.  I colored it with Arteza Real Brush Pens using burgundy, red, orange and pink.  Because of my poor lighting, you cannot see the variations in the color- much better irl.  Save 10% on the Poinsettia set of 4 at TJ with code TJ10LeeAnn. 
I paired the image with a print from my gel plate.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession- Warmest Christmas Wishes- and was stamped in Versafine Black ink.  I made the mistake of letting it sit a while to dry on the acrylic paint from the print.  Instead of staying put and drying, it started to wick on the acrylic paint print.  I quickly added some clear ep to it and heat embossed it. 
That's it for me! 
Pop over to the FMS blog to see the rest of the fabulous inspiration, then paly along!  Hope to see you in the gallery! 

Lee Ann



7 comments:

  1. I love the background on your beautiful card! You do such great stuff with poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lee Ann. I love the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous card! I just love that background and the poinsettia is amazing! Poinsettias are one of my favourite flowers!!! So Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous poinsettia -- your coloring is always beautiful! And I love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous poinsettia - and a stunning background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE your background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful! I love that background so much and your flower is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...