Saturday, November 2, 2019

Poinsettia in Blue

Hello!

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps has a new release and it is simply amazing!  I love my florals, so this incredible new Poinsettia Greetings Stamp Set was calling my name!  It is huuuuuge!


It is a 6 x 6 set to be exact and comes with two large sentiments as well.
This is colored with Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  I started with some Arches 140# Cold Press Water Color Paper and sprinkled a small amount of Ultramarine Blue Colorburst blue across the whole panel, being a bit more generous over the flower.  Then I went over it with a large brush and water to get a light wash.  Once this was dry, I colored the Poinsettia, using a wet on wet technique with Prussian Blue powder.  I dried inbetween layers to get the shadowing and depth I wanted.
Once all was dry, I spritzed the entire panel with Iridescent Shimmering Bliss Spray from Technique Junkies.


I finished it off with some splattering of Shimmerz Paints Coal Paint, with more wonderful shimmer.
The sentiment is heat embossed in silver on vellum and sequins finish off the card.

This stamp is such a great way to start off cardmaking for the holiday season!  Getting ready to color it up again!
I am linking up to Mix It Up Challenge- watercoloring.
I am also linking up to Time Out Challenges with my "Big" poinsettia.



Thanks for stopping by,
Lee Ann  

6 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I love the blue and the pretty mist to make it shine. Beautiful design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what amazing colouring. Love the depth of colour and all the tiny details and naturally all the splashes add that arty look we love. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Nora. It is GORGEOUS. Blue is one of my favorite colors for Christmas cards. I love this. [Bunny]`

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning...I have never seen such a beautiful blue poinsettia and it is over the top fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks amazing!! Firstly, blue is my favorite color!! And second -I love your coloring! The depth looks amazing and all the splatters bring this to life. Super card! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! It's amazing in blue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...