Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Parade of Poinsettias

Hello All!

Sorry to have been a bit MIA, life kind of went spinning out of control for a bit.  I hope to be back to normal (whatever that is!) by the end of the month.
Today I have a trio of cards using the gorgeous Poinsettia Greetings Stamp Set from Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  This is truly a beauty.  In my humble opinion, this is the best poinsettia out there.
I have colored the image with 3 different mediums.
First up, Copics.


To begin, I must give credit where credit is due.  This card design is CASed from the amazing Yana Smakula.  I adore how this turned out, especially the pop of black on the pink.  Those fun sentiments are from the Christmas Wordfetti Stamp Set.  Details on this card are on the Sweet n Sassy Stamps Blog.  I am linking this card up to Addicted to Stamps and More for their 'Holiday' challenge.
This next card is a CASE of myself- I cased this blue poinsettia.


I used my beloved Ken Oliver Color Bursts for this card.  The flower center was colored with a white Gelly Roll pen.

Lastly, this version was colored with various Shimmerz Paints products.


This one has a totally different look to it (and was a bear to photograph!).
Here are the steps to doing this card~
-Stamped the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black, using my MISTI, then painted a light layer of Miner Miner  49er Inklingz over the entire flower.
-Once that was dry, I painted some Tickle Me Turquoise Shimmerz Paint at the base of each petal (approximately the first 1/3 of the petal).  
-While still wet, I blended out with Keep Palm Coloringz that I applied with a brush (approximate middle 1/3 of each of the petals).
-While that was still wet, I blended out with Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.
-Once everything was dry, I decided that the Tickle Me Turquoise was too bold and needed to be toned down so I went over the top of it with Keep Palm Coloringz.  This was where the magic happened as the Tickle Me Turquoise still showed through but was much more subtle.  I wish you all could see this in real life!
-I worked each petal a bit more with the Keep Palm Coloringz and the Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.
-Once I was happy with the layers of color, I decided to emboss the image so I put it back in my MISTI and stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
-Now all that was left was the background.  I used my Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and painted in on in layers, drying in between to get all of the hard edges.


That's it for me!  I hope I have inspired you to try different mediums on your images!


Lee Ann 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous effects on them all, Lee Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colors did you use on pink one and what medium did you use? Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I used Copic markers on the pink card, mostly in the RV family and 1 or 2 R markers. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Oh my Gosh
    the first card caught my eyes
    how did you do to make it looks like a real one?
    love the gold embossing powder there
    Adorable card luv this
    many thanks for joining with us at ATSM this time
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...