Monday, November 4, 2019

Soothing the Soul with Bible Journaling

Hello All! 

I have really been getting into Bible journaling lately.  I find that when I have no MOJO to create a card, getting into God's Word frees my creativity and calms my spirit. 
I am still trying to find my 'style'.  Try a little of this and a little of that.  But the process is fun and rewarding. 


 Psalm 146:2- I will sing praises to God with my dying breath.
Tonight I finished a page I started a couple of weeks back.  This song speaks to me.  I could listen to it all day.  And it reminds me again and again that I need to praise GOD in ALL circumstances. 
I drew my woman in and then colored her with Daniel Smith Watercolors and Ken Oliver Colorbursts.  I then went in with the Colorbursts to do the background.  Something wasn't quite right so I set it aside. 
I came back to it tonight and used my Lyra Aquacolor Crayons to add more color to the background.  Next, I used the Chunky Alpha Stamp Set and Versafine Black ink to spell out 'Hallelujah'.  Then I used the School Days Alpha to spell out 'Raise A'. 
Then there was the happy accident.  I accidentally got some Versafine black ink on the block and when I stamped it got onto the page. Well, it looked great!  That is what was missing!  I went and added more black ink by inking the edge of the block and lightly dragging and stamping it on the page. 
Texture was needed as well and I stamped the Typewriter Text Background in its color corresponding to the background color.  I added white gel pen to the alphas in Hallelujah and called it done. 
 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the Heavens. 
I tried working with Distress Oxides here.  I stamped the leaves from the Autumn Splendor Stamp Set in the same color as I planned on coloring the leaves.  I started adding Distress Oxides to the background and leaves and then colored in the leaves as well.  I was not happy with the look, so tried to overstamp the leaves in dark brown ink. 
Once I was happy with it, I stamped the word 'Be' from the Just Be Clear Stamp Set,  content and season are stamped with the letters from the School Days Alpha,  'me' is from the Living Water Stamp Set, and the letters for 'God' are from the Rebecca Script Alpha
I finished the page off by spritzing it with a pearlescent spray and splattering with white acrylic paint.
Thanks for stopping by! 

Lee Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leaving your encouraging comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...